The Speed Learning Approach
Learning a new language the traditional way we know from school can be a very tedious, non-effective and time-consuming process – this is why the U.S. Government developed a special language course to train their diplomats, FBI and CIA in the shortest time possible to full competency in a new language.
Now you can take advantage of these special courses in a fully revised and more user friendly version as well! Start using the Speed Learning Italian course today and learn Italian fast and effectively the same way that the U.S. Government has been teaching their diplomats, FBI and CIA for years. This language course with its unique training techniques has been proven and tested by thousands of top agencies of the U.S. Government over many years.
Not only will you learn a new language faster but also much more effectively than you ever thought possible. This award-winning language course is considered among experts to be the best and most complete language course ever developed. Try it out today and see for yourself!
What’s making this course special:
- You start speaking Italian from the very beginning so you will be accustomed to actually speaking Italian instead of just reading it from paper and speaking inside your head.
- It is highly audio-focused, so you will know how to correctly pronounce words and be able to understand native speakers – because being able to communicate is what a language is all about.
- There is no need to learn hundreds of vocabulary like you were used to in school… you will automatically absorb the vocabulary within the context and they will stay in your memory thanks to a systematic repetition throughout the whole course.
- Thanks to special designed drills you will be able to build and speak sentences in Italian without needing to pause and think before saying a sentence – words will naturally flow out of your mouth…just like in your native language.
- It is well structured – so instead of getting lost in Italian or not knowing what to learn first you will be taken by your hand and guided through the whole course.
This course consists of 4 Levels with 32 units. Each unit is made up of 7 steps – with each step designed for a specific purpose.
This course has been designed to help students reach a level of proficiency which will enable them to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations. For beginning students, the 32 units (Level 1-4) are designed for a six-month intensive training program.
- Hearing It – Without looking at the text you listen to the dialog. Focus on familiar-sounding words and try to relate them to one another in a meaningful way.
- Seeing It - You listen to the dialog again but this time while looking at the text.
- Speaking It – Now you take part in the dialog and repeat what the person in the dialog is saying.
- Taking It Apart
- Vocabulary - You will now hear all the unknown vocabulary from the dialog in both Italian and English and have to repeat it.
- Grammar Notes – explains the grammar used in the dialog.
- Writing It – You hear one sentence at a time and have to fill in the missing words.
- Getting the Feel of It
- Pronunciation Practice – Without looking at the text you repeat the sentences you hear in the audio.
- Working with the Language – This section consists of various sets of stimulus-response items that are designed to illustrate certain grammatical patterns.
- Listening Comprehension – You hear a narrative and do an English multiple-choice test based on what you have heard.
- Reading for Pronunciation – You look at the text while listening to the narrative read by the recording. The you have to read it aloud, trying to imitate the pronunciation, intonation, and rhythm.
- Reading for Content – You study the entire text for a few minutes, after which you do an English multiple-choice test.
- Reading and Translation – You study a text for a few minutes, trying not to be blocked by unfamiliar vocabularies. The you answer questions based on what you have read. Afterwards you translate what you have read.
The Competency You Will Reach
Students can choose between 4 levels to reach the level of proficiency they desire. The chart below shows you which level of proficiency you will reach on the FSI and ACTFL scale at the end of each of the 4 Levels.
The Speed Learning Italian course consists of Italian Level 1- 4 and Italian Practice.
- Italian Level 1+2 is for novices who don’t have any basic knowledge of Italian or for lower intermediates who want to refresh their Italian knowledge. After completion of Level 1+2 you will reach “Intermediate Mid” on the ACTFL scale.
- Italian Level 3+4 builds upon Italian Level 1+2 course. After completion of Level 3+4 you will reach “Superior” on the ACTFL scale.
- Italian Practice contains various Italian audio books together with an English and Italian transcription. These audio books feature only native Italian speakers and are altogether 30+ hours.
Speed Learning Italian 1+2
This package includes Level 1 and Level 2 which are for novices who don’t have any basic knowledge of Italian or for lower intermediates who want to refresh their Italian knowledge.
Italian 1+2 contains 2 books and 15 audio CDs. At the end of the course you will reach the ACTFL scale level “Intermediate Mid” which is definied as “able to satisfy some survival needs and some limited social demands.” Level 1+2 can be completed in 3 months.
Speed Learning Italian 3+4
This package includes the stages “Level 3 and Level 4” which are for advanced learners who have completed the first 2 levels of Speed Learning Italian.
Italian 3+4 contains 2 book and 15 audio CDs. At the end of the course you will reach the ACTFL scale level “Superior” which is definied as: “Able to speak in the new language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations, including business and professional.” Level 3+4 can be completed in 3 months.
Speed Learning Italian Practice
Practicing and deepening what you have already learned in the Speed Learning Italian course can be fun and entertaining. The #1 choice is of course living in Italy and communicating with native Italian speakers. But not everyone has this opportunity – that’s why you will also receive as an additional bonus various Italian audio books together with an English and Italian transcription. These audio books feature only native Italian speakers and are altogether 30+ hours.